The Arc of Oswego County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Arc of Oswego County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Direct Support Professional – Seniors – Full-Time, Part-Time
SUMMARY: To perform direct care and support of senior individuals with developmental and other disabilities in the Day Habilitation program. Provide experiences which promote individual choice, independence, integration and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure, safeguard, and advocate for individuals’ human dignity, rights, liberties, health, safety, and independence.
- Provide meaningful activities to individuals as assigned each day.
- Provide support to Day Hab program areas to cover staff absences both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Support individuals with disabilities in developing and refining skills promoting health, safety, and functional independence.
- Provide feedback to Plan Coordinators, Supervisors, and others of the team on individuals’ wants, needs, skills, and achievements to better tailor Day Hab Plans to each individual’s Valued Outcomes.
- Provide transfer assistance for personal care and/or other hygiene needs as assigned. Such assistance may include lifting.
- Provide personal care assistance to individuals as needed and as assigned.
- Provide opening and closing Door Duty/Transportation as assigned.
- Assist during fire drills with individuals as assigned by the Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Augment current job knowledge by participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc., conducted both outside and within the agency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of two (2) years experience in human services. Working knowledge of developmental disabilities and/or geriatric populations. Valid NYS driver’s license and clean driving record. Ability to pass required background check.
Respite Aide – Part-Time
SUMMARY: The Arc Respite Aide is responsible for providing direct care to individuals attending the Recreation program. This position is responsible for supporting the Arc Coordinator of Recreational Respite Services, which includes hands-on assistance, supervision, instruction, and guidance for the programs’ individuals. The Arc Respite Aide implements assigned goals, objectives, and services for individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES : Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide hands-on assistance, instruction, and guidance on an individual, small, and large group basis in the development of skills, as outlined in program plans, to individuals in various settings as appropriate.
- Assist individuals with personal care and hygiene needs as necessary. Demonstrates appropriate techniques in all physical interactions or interventions with consumers, including lifting, transferring, positioning, or redirecting.
- Act as a member of the recreation team, providing feedback, suggestions, etc. for program plans for individuals. Assists, as requested, in assessment and evaluation of individuals’ needs and abilities.
- Accompany individuals on community outings as requested.
- Ensure safety of participants.
- Serve as a positive role model for individuals.
- Work flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary in order to meet the needs of individuals served.
- Must be able to transport self and individuals in an Agency provided vehicle and/or their own vehicle through-out entire service area (Oswego County) as well as to program activity sites.
- Must maintain job-required certifications and/or licenses.
- Support the goals and mission of The Arc of Oswego County. Ensure that communications and personal performance reflect the Agency’s commitment to teamwork, compliance with policies and procedures, and respect for individuals and staff.
- Computer knowledge beneficial.
- Attend and participate in required Arc meetings, staff development, and training programs.
- Establish and provide clear and legible documentation and compliance records required by The Arc and government agencies.
- Provide other job-related support and services as required or assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma and/or GED. Experience with individuals challenged by disabilities preferred. Combination of education and experience which, in the judgment of the employer, equals above standards. A valid NYS driver’s license. Ability to pass required background checks.