JOB POSTING: Plan Coordinator
SUMMARY: Provide experiences to program individuals to support their choices, independence and community integration.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Attend participant annual and semi-annual ISP meetings for all assigned individuals.
- Develop individualized habilitation plans, objectives, document individual safeguards and update as necessary.
- Train Direct Support Professionals on updates, and/or changes to plans and safeguards.
- Write program notes and summaries for all Day Habilitation individuals.
- Provide instructional activities both center-based and community based which will develop new skills and/or enhance existing skills related to community inclusion.
- Provide direct, hands-on personal care required by each individual, some of which will include lifting and transferring.
- Educate the general public as to the value of integrating individuals with disabilities into community life. Advocate for the individuals serviced by the agency.
- Incorporate person centered planning and personal outcome measures into all phases of the planning process.
- Participate in initiating new methods and/or ideas which will lead to more effective learning for the individual.
- Communicate with caregivers, advocates, and team members to ensure satisfaction with services of the Seniors Day Hab Program.
- Operate program vehicles in transporting individuals to various community sites.
- Collaborate with clinical services as individuals needs require.
- Participate in Day Habilitation staff meetings on a weekly basis.
- Augment current job knowledge by participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc., conducted both within the agency and outside the agency.
- Conduct billing review of Therap data to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate Degree with at least two (2) years’ experience in a Day Habilitation program or experience working with senior citizens. A valid, clean NYS driver’s license, Criminal Background Check, Exclusion Check and Child Registry Check must be passed. If you feel you meet the above requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please submit your written request with qualifications to the Human Resources Department.
JOB POSTING: Arc Respite Aide
SUMMARY: The Arc Respite Aide is responsible for providing direct care to consumers attending the Recreation program. This position is responsible for supporting the Arc Coordinator of Recreational Respite Services, which includes hands-on assistance, supervision, instruction, and guidance for the programs’ consumers. The Arc Respite Aide implements assigned goals, objectives, and services for consumers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide hands-on assistance, instruction, and guidance on an individual, small, and large group basis in the development of skills, as outlined in program plans, to consumers in various settings as appropriate.
- Assists consumers with personal care and hygiene needs as necessary. Demonstrates appropriate techniques in all physical interactions or interventions with consumers, including lifting, transferring, positioning, or redirecting.
- Acts as a member of the recreation team, providing feedback, suggestions, etc. for program plans for consumers. Assists, as requested, in assessment and evaluation of individual’s needs and abilities.
- Accompanies consumers on community outings, as requested. Ensures safety of participants. Serves as a positive role model for consumers.
- Works flexible hours, days, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary in order to meet the needs of individuals served.
- Must be able to transport self and consumers in an Agency provided vehicle and/or their own vehicle through-out entire service area (Oswego County) as well as to program activity sites.
- Must maintain job-required certifications and/or licenses.
- Supports the goals and mission of Arc of Oswego County. Ensures that communications and personal performance reflect the Agency’s commitment to teamwork, compliance with policies and procedures and respect for consumers and staff.
- Computer knowledge beneficial.
- Attends and participates in required Arc meetings, staff development and training programs.
- Establishes and provides clear and legible documentation and compliance records required by ARC and other government agencies.
- Provides other job-related support and services as required or assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma. Experience with individuals challenged by disabilities preferred. Combination of education and experience which, in the judgment of the employer, equals above standards. A valid NYS driver’s license, Criminal Background Check, Exclusion Check and Child Registry Check must be passed. If you feel you meet the above requirements and wish to be considered for this position, please submit your written request with qualifications to the Human Resources Department.
If you are interested in one of our job openings, please download and complete the application forms:
Please submit your request (in writing) to: Oswego Industries, Inc. 7 Morrill Place, Fulton, NY 13069 Attention: Human Resources Department or email: email@example.com